Here in the UK, we are now beginning a phased exit strategy to get us out of the lockdown that has been placed on our lives due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Many businesses are now being actively encouraged to head back to work, in particular those who work in industries where they cannot fulfil their duties from home, such as construction and manufacturing, with retailers being the next in line to head back to their workplaces when it is safe to do so.
With these developments underway, we wanted to make sure you have all the information to hand you may need to get your Zip drinking water system turned on and functioning at peak performance after a potentially long period of non-use.
Changing the filter
If unused for a period of four weeks or more, we recommend that your HydroTap undergoes a filter change before regular use again.
NEW HydroCare Products to get your system ready for use
To make sure all our customers have a fully functioning product when you start to use it again we are delighted to now offer Hydrocare Refresh Kits. These new convenient kits that are delivered straight to your door and contain everything you need to get back up and running. A new filter, new water connecting hoses, sanitisation wipes, gloves and an easy to follow step by step guide to help you change the filter and complete a basic clean - click here to order today.
For added peace of mind our new HydroCare Solo* offer is a one-off sanitisation and filter change appointment with a qualified Zip engineer to get your system back up and running after a period of non-use. Our HydroCare team will not only change the filter but will complete a sanitisation of your product to remove the build-up of any harmful germs and replace a number of important components to ensure that your system is ready to use and operating at peak performance - get in touch today to book.
You can find instructions on how to change your filter yourself here or you can contact us for further assistance or to purchase a new filter.
Flushing the system
As well as completing a clean and a filter change, we also encourage you to flush your HydroTap, HydroBoil or HydroChill. Flushing the system helps promote fresh water into your product and should be completed if your system has been out of use for longer than 48 hours (more than the usual weekend break).
Please see below step by step guides of how to complete this ‘flushing’ process when you turn your system back on.
Turning on and flushing your HydroTap
● Turn the HydroTap back on - if mains water was isolated turn back on at the valve and turn the electrical power supply on
● Flush the HydroTap - please be aware as it is a boiling water tap you will be dispensing water up to 98°c and need to take all necessary precautions.
STEP ONE: Once the HydroTap has been turned back on at the water and electrical supply, you will need to flush through the filter. You will need a jug or container suitable to carry boiling water or if the tap is over a sink you can dispense directly to this (please be aware the HydroTap fonts are not designed to take this volume of water)
- On the LCD screen, select [MENU] then [Install] and then [Filter Flush].
- Open the filter flush stop valve and ensure the end of the hose is in a jug/container or sink.
- Then select [Filter Flush - START]. This will start the flow of water. Flush for 30 seconds to remove any water sitting in the filter cartridge.
- When the Filter Flush is finished, turn the stop valve to OFF by rotating the lever anti-clockwise until it is 90° to the hose. Replace the hose into the filter compartment.
- Press [Filter Flush - STOP] to end the filter flush process. Use the [Home] key to exit the Flush Menu. Wait for lights on tap to stop flashing.
STEP TWO: Flushing through the tanks – 6 litres of each water type (Boiling, Chilled, Sparkling dependant on customer product).
- Place a jug/container suitable for boiling water under the tap or use of the sink is acceptable (please be aware the HydroTap fonts are not designed to take this volume of water).
- Using the tap controls, dispense x6 full 15 seconds of each water type. Each 15 second dispense is approximately 750-1000ml.
- Once the necessary flushing has been completed, wait for the lights on tap to stop flashing this will indicate the HydroTap is ready for use.
Turning on and flushing your HydroChill
● Turn the HydroChill back on - if mains water was isolated turn it back on at the valve and turn the electrical power supply on.
● Flush through the HydroChill - flushing through the tanks requires 3 litres of each water type (Ambient, Chilled and Sparkling - dependant on customer product):
- Place a jug/container suitable under the tap or use of the sink is acceptable (please be aware the HydroChill fonts are not designed to take this volume of water)
- Using the tap controls, dispense 3 litres of each water type (Ambient, Chilled, Sparkling dependent on customer product).
- Once the necessary flushing has been completed, allow the product to chill. Once complete your HydroChill will be ready for use.
Turning on and flushing your HydroBoil
● Turn the HydroBoil back on - if mains water is isolated, turn it back on at the valve.
● If the mains water was not isolated, please flush the HydroBoil then return to this point.
● Flush through the HydroBoil - Please be aware you will be dispensing water up to 98°c and need to take all necessary precautions.
If the HydroBoil was not drained down before leaving the office, you will need to flush the tank through. You will need a jug/container suitable for both boiling water and the size of your HydroBoil (For example, a HS005 is 5 litres). If the HydroBoil is over a sink you can dispense directly to this.
- You will need to dispense the required amount of water - this is the full litre capacity of your product.
- Open the tap control and allow the required litres of water to dispense, note you may need to empty the jug/container you have in between.
- Once the required amount has been dispensed flushing is complete.
● When water flows from the tap outlet you can turn the electrical power supply on. The HydroBoil will then fill and heat.
We know how important a tea break is for staff and just how essential it is to keep employees hydrated, particularly at this time when health is such a priority. If you have been away from the office or workplace, we are here to help you get your drinking water facilities back up and running. Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you have any questions or need help.
Contact us today
*HydroCare Solo is a filter change and sanitisation appointment only. Any other repairs or replacements will be charged at the standard rate.